Brigalow Moon is the title of a new album coming out in September from the master of the fiddle and mirth Pixie Jenkins. Bookmark this page for future news of this release that Pixie has said has been 17 years in the making. “Since my last release ‘True Blue Classics’ – A celebration of the music of John Williamson, I’ve been working and travelling and keeping my ear to the ground for what is happening in Australia’s ‘real’ country music” Pixie says. “I believe there is a change coming and I’m hoping this new CD rides the crest of that change. It would also be nice to win another ‘Golden Guitar’ because that would mean I’ve won them over 4 decades and only Slim has achieved that”.
- Not to shabby fiddle player needs a gig this weekend if anyone knows of one. Apply within lol .... 2 days ago
- Idiot! facebook.com/story.php?stor… .... 2 days ago
- 16yo refugee dreams of being a famous violinist goldenfiddleawards.org.au/16yo-refugee-d… .... 6 days ago
- Thought I’d go to the Ekka on a Monday as Wednesday was the show holiday so I assumed there wouldn’t be that many t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… .... 6 days ago
- FML! You know, just a decade ago, if I put a post up asking for work on the weekend I would literally be able to c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… .... 2 weeks ago